Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Keeping ourselves entertained

It's kinda boring without Aaron around in the evenings but Thomas and I find things to do together. In these pictures Thomas and I are coloring windows for St. Patrick's day. It's Thomas's second time coloring on the windows and he's already got better! However, it is the first time for me using Window Markers. For over a year I've only had Window Crayons then I found the markers and saw they had a wider variety of colors. Where the crayons only had red, yellow, green, blue, and black the markers had all those colors except black but they also had brown, orange, white and grey. This is my first time using them and I decided to mix the use of both to see how they looked together.
I think I've decided that orange is a better skin color than white when it comes to the markers.










































I've also discovered Thomas's love for Toy story. He asks me every day if he can watch Toy story. It's pretty funny. I especially love watching his facial reactions to the movie. His favorite parts are usually with the dog in it, although he likes Toy Story 1 and 3 as well.
To answer Andi's question about my guests, no they're not staying with Thomas and I at the moment. Aaron and I discussed it and decided it wouldn't be appropriate for them to be staying with me when Aaron was away. Aaron invited them back when he get's back but I'm not sure that'll happen because Aaron will get back in about a month from when he left and then in April my sister's coming to visit. I don't think we'll have room for a family of three, a family of four and my sister. So, they'll have to stay in the place they're at.
Then there's the GREAT discovery! Aaron did an allergy test to see if we could discover what Thomas is allergic to out here. Funny enough we found out that Aaron is allergic to two common types of grass, corn, and either peanuts or peanut butter. I have to double check with the Dr. on that one. So, ha ha, Aaron's allergies have made life interesting. When he get's back we're gonna slowly eliminate corn products from his diet. Just so you can get an idea of what I'm gonna have to do go to your cupboards and look at the ingredients for the most common foods you eat. Look for anything that says Corn, or Citric Acid, Dextrose, Iodized Salt, Monosodium glutamate, or Dextrin/Matodextrin. Those are the ingredients I'm eliminating first because they are the ones that are the most common cause of the symptoms for those with corn allergies. I even have a list of symptoms that could be contributed to Aaron's corn intake. Funny enough as most of you might know Aaron has had a jumpy leg for a long time. His leg just won't stop moving, well, his corn allergy could be what's causing it. Along with all sorts of breathing problems and sinus problems he's had all through his life. Lol that's only the first step too! After I find out whether he's allergic to just Peanut butter or Peanuts I'm gonna have to try and eliminate those things as well.
Thankfully I haven't noticed any of these allergy symptoms in Thomas. When we found out Thomas was having allergy problems out here we also found out that it was something in the air that was causing it. The Dr. Told us that he could tell it was something he was breathing in by his symptoms. So, I believe Thomas is allergic to grass like his daddy and like my dad.
Well that's all for now!









2 comments:

  1. You two are so creative! The window looks amazing. The first pic of Thomas drawing on the glass looks just like Aaron when he was that age. OMG! Thomas is getting so big! It's time for you guys to move back to the states. This growing up so quickly has got to stop.
    I thought Aaron's jumping leg was his choice- something he did to annoy his siblings. :p Hopefully identifying these allergies will make a positive difference.
    Thanks for bloggibg and posting pics! This made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THomas quit growing so fast!!!! At least slow down till we get to see you at the end of this year!

    ReplyDelete